Monday, April 21, 2008

Spoonbill and Sugartown Books

Yesterday, after a gigantic breakfast, I went to Spoonbill and Sugartown Bookstore in Brooklyn. I'm positive that I placed orders with them over the phone on a few occasions while working with SPD. They have a good selection of art books and magazines and a smattering of used and new of everything else. The big, fat, black cat, Hayes (or Haas or Haze or Heys) stood out as the store's best feature but then, I'm biased toward cats. Still no digital camera so sorry, no pictures of him. Myopic Books, in Chicago, also featured an excellent cat though I didn't catch his name. After chasing Hayes I bought a copy of the music magazine Yeti and a postcard of a hotdog cart. Lou Rowan, author of Sweet Potatoes will be reading there tomorrow, April 22nd.

All in all, excellent bookstore and excellent cat.

No comments: